Monday, November 9, 2009

NW over IA 17-10, Stanzi is out


So this is what it's really like to pull for Iowa...one minute I'm thinking Rose Bowl and the 1st ever undefeated season. The next minute, I'm thinking who is going to play QB? and Will we win another game all year?

Seeing Stanzi hobble off the field was like getting punched in the gut, to add insult to injury, Wegher's TD was called back on a bogus holding call.

It would be easy to think, "oh well, we had a good run. We'll get 'em next year once everyone is back and we have a better road schedule." But there are still 2 more games and a Big Ten title up for grabs. And hey, Iowa is 9-1!

Incidently, I heard a rumor that Jake Christiansen was at the game Saturday cause Eastern Illinois had an off week.

Think he is second guessing his decision to tranfer now? He would have had a chance to finish the season and make it to a bowl game his sr year. So you ask, what's he doing instead? Preparing for the mighty Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks.

No comments:

Post a Comment