One of the issues I have with watching sports is that we don't have cable or dish so most of the time I'm stuck with either
- watching Florida play someone on CBS
- watching Notre Dame play some one on NBC (I think I just threw up in my mouth a little)
- or, if I get lucky, a Big Ten or Big 12 game on ABC
Well "say ello to my litt'l friend", ESPN 360 and a S-video cord. It's a marriage made in "cheap sports fan heaven".
ESPN 360 is about the best feature of ESPN's website ever. I can watch live games or replay recently played games right over my computer, including college football and basketball, NBA basketball, Euroleague soccer, and a bunch more. Plus, with an S-video cord (a measley 25 clams) I can send that signal right to my TV!
So I used my new found superpower to watch Iowa's 2 games yesterday. I say two games because it was like they were 2 different teams in the 2 different halfs. The first half was about as boring as can be. Iowa struggled in about every way, especially trying to run the ball.
In the 2nd half, Iowa came out smoking. They were great at converting on 3rd downs and came up with some great defensive stops. I really like how Stanzi played in the 2nd half. The throw on the run to Moeaki for a TD was fantastic.
Spievey comes down with his 2nd INT
Spievey was a beast on defense. He was playing well all over the field, but his last interception was especially nice. He baited WI's QB then dove fully extended and seemed to hang in the air for an extra second or two before coming down with the pick.
Iowa is 7-0 for the first time since 1985. If they beat MI St next week, it will be the first time in school history that they will have started 8-0. MI St started slowly but has been playing well recently, and Ferentz historically has not done well on the road in Lansing. Win or lose thought, I'm along for the ride!
*photo from DM Register*
*photo from DM Register*
Just an addendum:
ReplyDeleteWisconsin actually held every Big Ten opponent to less than 100 yds of rushing during the 2009 season, a feat only accomplished once before by a 90's era Ohio State squad. So there's your explanation for the complete lack of an Iowa rushing attack during that game. As for the game's outcome, Iowa overall defense was incredible, and Wisconsin pushed "self-destruct" in the locker room at half. GO BADGERS!