Monday, September 14, 2009

Cyhawk Trophy stays in Iowa City!


35-3, Iowa. This one wasn't even close. Turnovers were the story of the game and the Hawkeyes were able to capitalize. The intensity and focus was much improved from the first game of the year. I think they got the message from the UNI game. Here's couple notes that I picked up.
  • Tyler Sash was all over the place. With 3 interceptions, he was tied for the 2nd leading receiver...for ISU!
  • Brandon Wegher, the true freshman from Sioux City, rushed for over 100 yards and one touchdown. He showed off some great juke moves.
  • Keenan Davis, another freshman, also had a touchdown. It's nice to see that some freshman talent is coming down the pipe.
  • ISU's QB, Arnaud, is not as bad as he looked on Saturday. I genuinely hope he can turn it around. I think he's a classy guy.

On to Arizona next weekend. I'll be looking to see if the Hawkeyes can keep the momentum going and if Bulaga (who was out with an undisclosed illness) will make a come back. Rumor is that he got the swine flu. Apparently he went out with an ISU girl last weekend, and well, enough said...ha! j/k

1 comment: